Here are 5 tips to help you give birth when you and your baby are ready.
- Have pre-birth acupuncture – Acupuncture once a week from your 37th week till birth will help to prepare you for childbirth. . Research has shown that pre-birth acupuncture offers reduced time spent in labor, and reduced rate of medical intervention. Acupuncture is a great way to help women prepare themselves for the most efficient labour physically and emotionally It can help the woman’s body prepare for birth, preparing the cervix and pelvis for labor It can deal with medical conditions such as pregnancy induced hypertension, heartburn and hemorrhoid. Pre birth acupuncture reduces intervention rates such as epidurals, caesareans and syntocinon. It also reduces the time spent in labor.
- Diet – Avoid spicy, pungent and greasy foods in later stages of pregnancy. These can produce more mucus.
- Go to http://acupressure.rhizome.net.nz and download a great booklet on acupressure for stress and pain relief during labor.
- Practice Squatting, kneeling, sitting, walking, standing and leaning positions for labour.
- Consider using acupuncture to aid with birth, when birthing with a midwife, for pain relief.
For more information on which way your baby is turned, go to: Spinningbabies.com