When you decide you want to cleanse your body, to release stress, or to enjoy better health, here is a list of foods you can begin to avoid, so your cleanse is most effective. They are listed in the order I most often find my patients easy to work with. You can eliminate 1 group of foods at a time or as many as you are comfortable with. The spring is a popular time to cleanse or after the holidays when we typically indulge in sugar, breads, alcohol, meat and all things ‘dangerous to the diet.’ Anytime of year works, the best time being, when you are ready!
Foods to Avoid
- Raw, uncooked vegetables, cold drinks, cold foods, caffeine
- White sugar, honey, alcohol,and recreational drugs
- Creamy foods and spicy foods
- Bread, flatbread, crackers or any baked goods as they slow down your detox
- Heavier, oilier foods (such as meat,butter, yogurt, nuts, oils, cheese, pizza)
- Fattyfoods such as oil, butter, avocado, nuts, seeds and dairy.
- Sprouts, curds (except tofu), pickles, vinegar
Let me know what inspires you here and if you’d like more information on cleansing, make an appointment for a 20 minute connection conversation HERE.